The Government of Gujarat, in the Legislative Assembly has passed an act, Act No.2
of 2008 called “Gujarat Professional Technical Educational Colleges or Institutions
(Regulation of Admission and Fixation of Fees) Act, 2007” to make special provision
for regulation of admission in the professional technical education colleges or
institutions in the State and fixation of fees in such colleges or institutions
and for matter connected therewith. As per the powers conferred to State Government,
in Section 20(1) of the said Act, the Government of Gujarat, Education Department
by way of a notification had constituted two different Committees called “Admission
Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)” to regulate the admission
of candidates to the professional degree courses respectively. The mission assigned
to these Committees is to carry out the counseling process in a fair and transparent
manner. The admission process is conducted by these Committees strictly on the basis
of merit and the preference of the candidate. The functions of the Committee are
- The Committee shall supervise, monitor and control the entire process of admission
to the candidates seeking admissions to the professional educational colleges or
- The Committee shall prepare the merit list in accordance with the provisions of
the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall allocate the Government Seats and the Management Seats in accordance
with the provisions of the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall ensure that admission in the Government Seats and the Management
Seats are made as per the merit list prepared and that no candidate is admitted
against the Management seats unless his name appears in the merit list.
- The Committee shall perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the
Government. Read More